23 June 2007


Since I shared the bad with you, I will now share the good, too. :)

You will recall my hassles with both the Tribute card people and with One Way Furniture about my jewelry armoire? Well, today I received some kitty furniture that I had ordered from Doctors Foster and Smith, a pet supply place that I have used frequently in the past. Because of the addition of Woody to my Kitty Cottage, I ordered the *Cozy Corner* kitty furniture.

Previously I have been extremely pleased with the sturdy quality of Drs. F/S cat furniture ~ so much that I have returned to buy more for both me and for Neighbor Elly.

Although the price of the *Cozy Corner* remained comparable to furniture I have bought from Drs. F/S in the past, the quality was extremely disappointing. Besides being rather difficult to assemble because of the tightness of the bolts, the overall quality and stability are flimsy, and the carpeting is of a much cheaper grade than that used on furniture I have bought from this store before. In fact, at *Wal-Mart* I recently bought a bigger tower that was of better quality and at half the price.

I e-mailed Drs. F/S this afternoon, and almost within the hour, I received a reply e-mail from their Customer Service, telling me to return the *Cozy Corner* for a complete credit. I wrote back, saying that I had already assembled the thing and that I didn't want to deal with the hassle of shipping back something so bulky.

Almost immediately, I received another e-mail with a $50 credit for any future order with Drs. F/S!!!! That was half what I paid for the *Cozy Corner.*

I was *AMAZED.* These days so many companies just want to pass the proverbial buck. Look at how *little* satisfaction I had from One Way Fruniture ~ and how much hassle I had with the Tribute people just to get them to credit my account for a check that they had cashed a month ago. So high fives to Doctors Foster and Smith. If you need anything for your pet, go here: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/! A great ~ and ethical company with an on-the-ball customer service department!

More good news: Joey and Woody are actually becoming buddies now ~ though Woody is just a little intimidated by his *big* brother. After all, Joey weighs 20 pounds, and Woody weighs less than three pounds! However, Joey is learning to play more gently, and Woody is learning that Joey means no harm. In fact, yesterday when I awoke from a nap in my recliner, I had both my little boys on my lap, sleeping together! :) Good thing I have a *big* lap, huh??? :) Melanie and Chelsie are learning just to ignore their new little brother ~ Elly Fae still growls and hisses, but we're working on adjusting her cattitude. :)

No comments: