10 July 2007


My baby boy didn't make it. :( Dr. Herliman called me early this morning to tell me that Woody had passed away overnight ~ I had been scheduled to pick him up today and bring him home. However, his frail, little body had handled all that it could I guess. I am heartbroken ~ but I will bring him home in a way: he is being cremated, and I will sprinkle his ashes beneath the lilac bush where he and his brothers played so happily and provided me with so much enjoyment when they were first venturing from the shed. Ironically, on the day I learned of his death, I also learned that he had been named Kitty of the Week for a Santa Barbara e-zine: http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?id=1839: a sweet tribute for such a sweet little guy. Mommy will see you again on the Rainbow Bridge, precious.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh Vikki...

I don't know what to say except how very sorry I am...and how I understand how a loss like this feels. John and I send our love and sympathy.

Yes, we'll have lots of friends waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, that's for sure.

Janet