02 July 2007


I have had a very sick baby boy. Woody has had prolonged diarrhea that Albon hasn't stopped. And wouldn't you know it ~ my vet's office is closed all this week. Consequently, I called the vet clinic I used before the Douglases opened their clinic here in Salem: the Flora Vet Clinic. It's 45 minutes from here, but I had to do something. Dr. Lacie was wonderful with Woody. The poor little guy has lost .7 of his 2.5 pounds during this ordeal, but please join me in praying that Dr. Lacie's treatments will heal the little guy.

What I actually wanted to share, however, was a brother's love in action. I've been trying to get Woody to drink Pedialyte to keep him hydrated. When he resisted drinking it from both bowl and dropper, I emptied the waterer and put the Pedialyte in there ~ about half and half with water ~ and he's drinking it better that way, thanks to his big brother, Joey. If I hadn't seen this myself, I wouldn't have believed it. I kept setting Woody next to the waterer, and he just stared at it. Joey was watching ~ and with his paw he tapped Woody on the top of his head, then guided him closer to the waterer, drank a bit himself, and then sat and watched until Woody drank water/Pedialyte, too. Woody has been drinking better since then. I told Joey that he is the *best* big brother ever! I'm sitting here bawling just thinking about it ~ of course, very little sleep doesn't help the emotions much. :) We had a rough overnight with Woody having two poo accidents on the bed. He was trying valiantly to get down and to the litter box, but he just couldn't make it. So I was changing bedding twice overnight and doing a couple of loads of laundry.

Please keep my baby boy in your good thoughts? The picture shows my two little boys on the back of the loveseat. :)

No comments: