04 April 2007

A retraction already? In the spirit of fairness, I am updating the AP news that I posted yesterday. :)

"Keith Richards may never have met a drug he didn't like, but on Wednesday the Rolling Stones guitarist denied mixing his father's ashes with cocaine and snorting the ghoulish concoction.

"The 63-year-old rocker caused an international uproar on Tuesday when British newspaper New Musical Express quoted him as saying: 'The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow ... . It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive.'

"Richards, known for his death-defying appetite for drugs, said in a statement on his band's Web site, rollingstones.com, that 'the complete story (was) lost in the usual slanting.'

"'The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes, and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide.'"

Take a look at the man ~ methinks his brain may already be dead? If ever there was a poster boy *against* drug use, Keith Richards is it!

No comments: