05 January 2007

Happy New Year ~ only a few days late. I haven't been too good about fulfilling my blogly duties lately, have I? Christmas vacation was a whirlwind, going by much too quickly. Please forgive me for not writing *here* because I was busy writing on the new novel and *finally* finished Chapter 1 ~ just in time to return to school and not much writing time again.

I was also studying a CPR manual since all teachers at my school had to take the Red Cross CPR training and test on our first day back. I am proud to tell you that I am now certified to administer CPR to adults and children ~ though, of course, I pray that I *never* have use this particular knowledge. Still, it's good to know.

You will notice the snow scene I am using to illustrate this post ~ mostly I *hate* winter weather, but I thought the picture was pretty. However, I indeed feel fortunate that we have been having a mild winter here in South Central Illinois ~ fortunate for a winter hater like me and for the strays that my neighbor and I feed. By the way, if any of you happen to have cat food coupons to share, they are welcome here! Back to the mild winter: have you heard that the cherry blossoms in DC have been fooled into blooming? I hope my lilacs aren't likewise fooled because we all know that Mother Nature would be biting their early heads off with a hard freeze that is bound to happen sometime in the next couple of months, right? And I do look forward to my lilacs.

Sad to say that another one of my Christmas-break goals was not achieved: my foot and ankle didn't improve too much. Any progress I had made was wiped out in a single misstep into my shed. :( It's always something, isn't it? Maybe I should just get used to walking like Igor?

Anyway ~ happy 2007 to y'all. I will *try* to be more faithful to my posting ~ but you'll notice that I'm not making any promises! :)

No comments: