22 September 2006

I've been home today with my little boy. He had his little operations yesterday, and today he is recuperating peacefully at home ~ and he's so happy to be here. Even before we left the vet, he was licking and nuzzling by hand, and since we've been home, he stays close to his mommy. The vet assistant said he was one of the friendliest kitties they have had there, so my sweet little Joey manages to charm everyone. :)

Yesterday was the killer. Things surely were quiet and lonely around here without my little boy. I had thought Elly Fae would be especially happy to have a break from her brother, but she was being a little clingy ~ like she didn't quite know what to do with herself. Since he's been home, she's ignored him ~ but I notice that she wants to be in the same room with him while she's ignoring him. :)

I have to say a *huge* thank-you to my neighbor, Elly. Since I had to leave for school an hour before Joey could go to the vet, she offered to take him there for me. So at 7, I put Joey into his carrier and took him over. At first, her three girls hissed at him, and he hissed back ~ but then she took him into her *big* bathroom and closed the doors and let him out of the carrier to nose around and then play with his ball. I had put his favorite ball in the carrier with him. That made me feel better because I was already feeling terrible about not being able to feed them that morning. I had four sets of hungry eyes looking at me and wondering what was going on with the empty food bowls. I can't stand letting an animal go hungry! I didn't even eat breakfast myself because it wasn't fair for me to eat when they couldn't. I fed the girls after I left Joey with Elly, but I was still majorly guilty about Joey.

However, now he's safely home, and my fuzzy little family is all together again. Thanks be to God! :)

No comments: